Re: periodic crashes

On 14-Mar-2000 kmself@ix.netcom.com wrote:
> Look through /var/log for any files updated since shortly before 17:01,
> and look in them for any activity going on prior to 17:01.  If you're
> getting regular crashes at the same time, you've very likely either got
> a very reliable cleaning service which is disconnecting power at the
> same time every day, or a cron job that sets your system off.

I have considered that it is a cron job, and I changed a cron job that takes
place at that time to a different time (and restarted crond) to see if the
time of the crashes changes too.  I have run the command in question (it is
rdate -s time.nist.gov) on the command line with no problems.

thanks

--
Andrew