XF86 configuration problems

Hi all,

I've had one out of two problems successfully dealt with by the collective
knowledge on this list, so here come some more...

I finally found a video card that works with XF86. I went through
XF86Setup, this time with no problems.

...but after XF86Setup is finsished and successfully starts an x server, I
cant read the text because most of it is off screen. I thought I could run
xvidtune, but I can't choose that option, because it's off screen. I tried
running xvidtune from the command line, but I get "cannot open display".

and when I reboot, the xserver starts up, and I can log in, but everything
is way too big! How do I solve this problem? do I edit the XF86Config
file?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

wah@tao.ca