dip obsolete in potato?

While it may seem unbelievable to some, one of our dialup servers at
work still requires SLIP, as opposed to PPP. So I was a bit disturbed
to see that the "dip" package disappeared from potato upon my latest
apt-get upgrade. I've been using dip for many years now and haven't
had to touch it in years. Perhaps something replaced it in those years
and I didn't notice it?

Anyone else use dip, or is anyone else still stuck using SLIP and
doing so without dip? If so I'd like to hear about your solution.

Thanks,
Gary