No printing with magicfilter

I have a 486 machine which I want to use as a printserver for WIN and
MacOS. I encountered the problem that the command "lpr (filename)" does
not print a postscipt file on my NEC P6.

I already replaced the configuration file: /etc/magicfiler/necp6-filter.

Is it possible to have an installed software that does not work together
with lpd and the magicfilter? After all descriptions I just need to use
"magicfilterconfig" and printing shoud work. but it does not

I tried other configurations, and even did a completely new installation
of Linux. The main problem is that I do not know how to debug to find
the problem.

Wolfgang

--
Wolfgang Hlawatsch