Re: dselect

On Sat, Mar 11, 2000 at 08:44:01PM +0800, FreeMan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> how can I add new packages with dselect? I tried "Select", but it
> seems that only already installed packages are shown in the list.
> (I want to install e.g. "samba").g. "samba")

dselect displays newly-available packages first, then installed
packages for which there is an upgrade, then other installed packages,
finally packages which are not installed.  It takes a lot of paging to
work your way down the list.

You can search for samba by typing "/samba".  This will find the first
occurance.  Typing "\" will show subsequent occurances of "samba" in a
package name.

--
Bob Nielsen, N7XY (RN2)                    nielsen@primenet.com
Tucson, AZ DM42nh  QRP-L #1985  SOC #77    http://www.primenet.com/~nielsen