portmap/networking: shutdown script links screwed-up?

Hi all,

I am running several boxes with unstable(woody), and the sutdown process
on some of them hangs near the end.  They are all NFS clients to other
Linux and Solaris machines.  The ones that hang do it when trying to
access NFS (I think trying to umount the nfs mounts I have in /etc/fstab)
*after* the portmapper and the networking is gone. They're hung sending
RPC timeout messages (sendmsg error 101, I recall).

Since the other machines that do not hang are almost identical, I traced
the difference to this:  the rc6.d/rc0.d *links* to the "portmap" and
"network" scripts in  /etc/init.d.  The scripts themselves are the same.

The machines that hang on shutdown/halt have:

   rc0.d/S10portmap -> ../init.d/portmap
   rc0.d/S15networking-> ../init.d/networking

The machines that do not hang have:

    rc0.d/K35portmap -> ../init.d/portmap
    (and do not have any link to "networking")

I didn't configure this, the difference is due to the fact that I
installed woody on the machines that have the problem some weeks later
than the ones that work.  This must have changed in netbase, but I
couldn't find it in the changelog.

Anyone found this problem/bug?  What fix would you suggest?

Incidentally, why isn't there a script "umount-nfs" separated from
"umountfs"???

--
Jose