Re: What is a "memmory overflow"error at BOOT

On Tue, Mar 07, 2000 at 02:13:35PM -0600, Max Young II wrote
> When I boot one of my computers, I get a "memory overflow"
> error "please insert another disk".  Can you help me?

At what stage in the boot process, and what CPU (and how
much RAM) do you have?

It may be an A20 gate problem, especially if it is an older
motherboard; if your BIOS has any settings (maybe in "Advanced
Configuration" or "Motherboard Setup" or somesuch) with a name
referring to A20 or to memory above 1MB, try changing it and see
what happens.

John P.
--
huiac@camtech.net.au