Re: Setuid scripts with Apache?

In message <[🔎] E12Sz57-0002c3-00@q.bofh.de>, Marc Haber writes:
>On Wed, 08 Mar 2000 17:32:58 -0600, you wrote:
>>I have a perl CGI that calls a suidperl script that broke in the update to
>>slink.  What is suppoed to happen is the CGI gets the data from the web page,
>
>>rigorously checks it for safeness and then system()'s a root suidperl script
>>to do the work.  It used to work under potato, but now under slink, I get the
>
>>following error in my error.log: Can't do setuid
>
>Why don't you system() that perl script without the suid bit via sudo?

That's a thought, but will it work?  It looks like apache isn't letting me
execute a setuid root program (suidperl) in the CGI.  Since sudo is setuid as
well won't I have the same problem?

--
Ted Cabeen           http://www.pobox.com/~secabeen         secabeen@pobox.com
Check Website or finger for PGP Public Key        secabeen@midway.uchicago.edu