upgrading just libc on a slink system

  Hey all.. I've already asked this on IRC, so apologies to those who are
now seeing me repeat my question.  Has anybody just tried doing an 'apt-get
install libc6' to upgrade their slink machine to libc 2.1 from frozen, but
leave the rest of their machine as is?
  I'm interested in whether anything broke (or would break) from such a
change, and how badly... especially from people who've tried this; someone
out there has, hopefully.  I've been told to just upgrade to frozen, but I'm
not keen on that idea since I don't really want to upgrade packages every
day (especially on my sole desktop Linux box), just want to install a few
things that only seem to get packaged for potato (and thus require libc
2.1).

--
    loki
eloki/at/dingoblue.net.au