Re: fips won't move hidden

It is the files marked with the "System" attribute that Win9X Defrag
won't move by default - not the hidden ones. To override that, go to
Start - Run and use this command:

defrag c: /p

That should leave all free space in a contiguous block at the end of the
partition so you can use fips.

Another option is to go and get Bootit Direct from the link below. It
comes with a stand alone partitioning tool called pdisk.exe that will
shrink FAT (16 or 32) partitions without having to be concerned about
moving files - it will do that for you.

No need to actually install Bootit Direct itself. Just unzip it and look
for pdisk.exe - that's all you need. It's shareware ($15) but the fully
functional program is free for a one month trial.

http://www.terabyteunlimited.com/BOOTITD.HTM

Tom