fips won't move hidden

I'm having trouble repartitioning a drive with a single FAT32 partition
with FIPS.  I defragged, did a clean boot, and ran it, but it gives an
error that there are hidden or read-only files at the end of the
partition.  I tried disabling the swap file (which I probably should
have done anyway.)  That didn't help.  Then I did "dir c:\ /s /a:h" to
find all the hidden files and change them.  That took forever and still
didn't work.  I don't want to shell out the money for Partition Magic.
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.
--

Brian J. Stults