mysql and imp

I'm trying to get imp running on my machine.  I installed apache-ssl,
php3, mysql and attempted to let dbconf do all the work.  I answered all
the questions, but imp won't install, it dies without much of an error
message.

Getting data from debconf
Setting up db file
Verifying Non-IMP config files
No need to fix /etc/apache-ssl/srm.conf
php3 extension for ldap found!
php3 extension for imap found!
Finished checking Non-IMP config files
Configuring MySQL database
dpkg: error processing imp (--configure):
 imp

Has anyone had any luck getting imp to work?  Or, does anyone have a
preferred webmail server that will run under apache, and access imap
servers?

-Aaron Solochek
 leko@cmu.edu