Re: kernel success story

On Tue, Mar 07, 2000 at 07:27:35PM -0800, Beavis wrote:
> hello list:
>
> thankx for everyone's input
>
> a linuxnewbie, myself, was able to upgrade his linux kernel from 2.0.38 to 2.2.14 (the latest and greatest slink!)
>
> so thank you for your support.
>
> machine used:
> pentium 200
> 32 mb
> 1.5 gig HD
>
> do u suggest any logs to view, just to make sure everything is dandy?

I usually take a quick peek through messages, kern.log, daemon.log,
debug, and auth.  One trick is to do an 'ls -lt ' of /var/log to see
what's been updated recently -- you'll probably want to pipe the output.
Poke through and get familiar with what typical logging
patterns/activity are for your site.

--
Karsten M. Self (kmself@ix.netcom.com)

Scope out Scoop:  http://scoop.kuro5hin.org/