Re: Configuration management

I have been toying with the same idea (putting stuf like /etc) under
CVS control, though I haven't gotten round to become serious about it
yet.

My idea towards handling individual machine specifics would be to use
the branch system. If a certain file needed a specific change, branch
off (on that file only) and do it. The trick would be to have a
consistent tag naming scheme that would automate the process in the
other direction. One could then run CVS through some apropriate
scripts that would examine the tag structure and do the right thing.

Christian Lynbech          | Ericsson Telebit A/S
Fax:   +45 8628 8186       | Fabrikvej 11, DK-8260 Viby J
Phone: +45 8738 2228       | email: chl@tbit.dk --- URL: http://www.tbit.dk
                                        - petonic@hal.com (Michael A. Petonic)