Re: DBF Manipulation

On Tue, Mar 07, 2000 at 10:40:51AM -0500, Paul Kallstrom wrote:

> I am looking for an application that will manipulate DBF files under
> Linux, in a manner similar to FoxPro.
>
> Most of the data manipulation we do here, as a response driven mail house,
> is dbf based.
>
> Foxpro has been in use here for years, and is the preferred tool of the
> old timers.
>
> The last batch of computers that we bought were loaded with win98se;
> microsoft has removed odbc support for foxpro as of this windows version.
>
> For me, this is good news. MS has finally opened the door enough for me
> to push Linux here as more than a server OS, but this is contingent upon
> finding a good replacement application for Foxpro.
>
> Any leads appreciated!
>
> Paul

Conceptual Software produces a (proprietary) program, DBMSCopy, which
can access and manipulate data in a number of formats.  While its
primary purpose is data access and conversion, it includes a fairly
powerful data language as well.  There are also freestanding "access
engines" which may be compatible with other programs, though I haven't
tried running them through Perl/Python.

http://www.conceptual.com/

Tell Henry I sent you.

Just a happy customer.