Re: dc390 what does it mean?

On Tue, Mar 07, 2000 at 06:08:50PM +1100, Pikuan wrote:
> i just bought a debian 2.1 r 4 CD
> i was installing from cd, pressed enter at the main menu. it does all the
> initialisation when it reach this line and stop:
> DC390: 0 adapters found

The kernel is testing for a Tekram DC-390(t) PCI SCSI card, and hanging.
You may want to investigate options for autoprobing or not autoprobing
for specific hardware on your system.   I'm not terribly familiar with
issues here, but you may want to find out whether or not you have this
SCSI card on your system, do a Usenet search for issues in
detecting/configuring it if necessary, and take a look at the following
documentation:

    http://www.debian.org/releases/slink/i386/ch-rescue-boot.en.html

--
Karsten M. Self (kmself@ix.netcom.com)