Re: apache, ssl, slink, potato and apt

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Gunthorpe <jgg@ualberta.ca>
To: Mark Symonds <mark@symonds.net>
Cc: Debian <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Date: Friday, March 03, 2000 9:42 PM
Subject: Re: apache, ssl, slink, potato and apt

>On Fri, 3 Mar 2000, Mark Symonds wrote:
>
>> So my question is, what do I do to get ssl back?
>> Am I going to need to get the mod_ssl tarball?
>
>auric{root}/usr/lib/cgi-bin#apt-cache search apache.*ssl
>apache-ssl - Versatile, high-performance HTTP server with SSL support
>apache-common - Support files for all Apache webservers
>libapache-mod-ssl - Strong cryptography for Apache
>^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>  Him

Here's the output of mine:

symonds:~# apt-cache search apache.*ssl
apache-common - Support files for all Apache webservers
apache - Versatile, high-performance HTTP server
apache-perl - Versatile, high-performance HTTP server with added Perl
support
ssleay - Secure Socket Layer and related cryptographic libraries/tools.
libssl09 - SSL shared libraries
symonds:~#

That's it.  All I can think of is that I did something wrong in my
sources.list?

# Use for a local mirror - remove the ftp1 http lines for the bits
# your mirror contains.
# deb file:/your/mirror/here/debian stable main contrib non-free
# See sources.list(5) for more information, especial
# Remember that you can only use http, ftp or file URIs

# deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
# deb http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US stable non-US

deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian frozen main contrib non-free

I did the apt-get update ... why wouldn't it show up?  I have another
box here which I upgraded to potato awhile ago and tried the same
search out of curiosity.  It's giving the same output...?!

Thanks much!

--
Mark