need help on APT, poor documentation

Hello,

I am using APT to upgrade my debian distribution, but I have some
problems which I cannot find a solution because I have not found
enough APT docs.
So I ask you:

1) How can I set a correct "file" or "copy" source in sources.list?
2) How can I make a directory in my hard disk as a source of debian?
   That is do I need to create a Package file? If yes, how?
3) How can I make my own cdrom source with only a single directory of
   debian packages?
4) If I add an http source in sources.list then I have to be connected
   to the net every time I need to make an update? Even if I update a
   new cdrom?
5) Where can I find some tutorials for APT?

--
Mario Giammarco
giammarc@cs.unibo.it