potato install woes

Hi!

I tried to install potato on a Compaq Armada M700 notebook and experienced some
problems (I think I solved them, this is just for documentation purposes):

- When installing base2_2.tgz there is a broken pipe:
  zcat base2_2.tgz | tar x
    which hangs almost instantly, according to tar, the proper incantation
    to read from stdin would be
  zcat base2_2.tgz | tar x -
    I extracted base by hand on the second console, rebooted and went
    straight to the "configure base system" option in the installer
- the pcmcia-cs-package adds a wrong line to /etc/inittab:
  S:12345:respawn:/sbin/getty ttyS3
    which should read
  S:12345:respawn:/sbin/getty 38400 ttyS3
    Since I don´t need this, I commented it out in the pcmcia-script.

Should I file bugs, and if yes, against which packages?

&rw
--
/ Robert Waldner <Waldner@KPNQwest.at> | Phone: +43 1 89933 0 Fax x533 \
\        KPNQwest/AT tech staff        | Diefenbachg. 35   A-1150 Wien /