Surecom EP-427X PCMCIA card problems

Hi,

I just bought a Compaq Armada 1500c and have installed both the
Debian 2.1 and 2.2 base systems on it.

However when I attempt to use my 10/100 Surecome EP-427X PCMIA card, I
get the following errors (using potato with kernel 2.2.14):

eth0: Reentering the interrupt handler! isr=0x0 im=0x0

and a horrendous ping time.

This is after following the advice in the PCMCIA-HOWTO on how to setup
an unknown NE2000 compatible PCMCIA card.

Hoping someone can help, or I can persuade the people who sold me the
card to swap it (still trying :().

Cheers,
Pete