Re: Who builds YOUR binary RPMs?

There are two questions to this issue:
1: Do you trust your distro?
2: Do you trust your distro's ftp site.

Question number two is really a matter of the site
having been hacked and a trojan (or a coo-coo) being
planted.

I use debian, and I DO trust them.  I would never have
a problem downloading a .deb file from the official
debian site or a trusted mirror.  In fact it is a
little different with .deb's.  RPM's are EVERYWHERE,
and ANY Tom, Dick, or Harry can create them.  DEB's
seem to be created mostly by Debian personal (though
there are some non-official ones).  The reason for
this is that the tools necessary to create DEB's are
not as well documented and understood, so only real
debian developers are using them.  Of course with
Corel and Stormix in the picture now, this might be
changing.

=====
Amateur Radio, when all else fails!

http://www.qsl.net/wa2mze