Re: Base Install + SETI@Home

On Tue, Feb 29, 2000 at 08:49:39PM -0500, Brian wrote:

> Excuse my ignorance, but has anyone setup a minimal Debian system (like the
> 9 base floppies) just to run SETI@Home? The reason I'm asking is that I've
> only got a ~450 MB hard disk that I got for free.
>
> I've tried this before, but I didn't have the correct libs to run it. And,
> I couldn't figure out what I needed to get with apt, so I put it aside
> until I had more time (plus I was in an accident and couldn't).
<stuff snipped>
> Now, I have the base system installed (Just the 9 floppies; don't want to
> mess with dselect, I'd like to stick with apt to get what I need).
>
> What libs (the package names) do I need to run this thing? I tried looking
> here <http://www.debian.org/Packages/stable/libs/>, but, admittedly, I have
> no clue what I'm doing.

There are debs to install SETI@home for potato and woody.  The
package name is setiathome.  According to the description as
long as wget is also installed the setiathome installer will
get the appropriate tarball from the SETI@home site for you.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD           |  "Where do you want to go today?"
ICQ# 12934898                 |  "As far from Redmond as possible!"