Re: wine broke with libc6_2.1.3-5

On 29-Feb-2000 John Bagdanoff wrote:
> The current potato wine package worked flawlessly for me, so I didn't
> save the previous version.  I got the latest one in woody, but still
> wine breaks.
>
> If you could, polly, upgrade to the latest libc6 (2.1.3-5).  If wine
> starts up for you, then I'll go to the wine news group to see if they
> can sort it out.

I just noticed something.  On my potato system, libc6 and libc6-dev are being
withheld.  When I tried to install it anyway, I saw there was going to be lots
of breakage.   That was a few weeks ago.  I just tried it again and it might
break one or two packages, but wine is not one of them. The libc6 packages are
still being withheld and I don't know why, so I am reluctant to upgrade at
this time.

--
Andrew