Re: StarOffice 5.1a

I'd say RTFM, which you should do anyway, but the FM is pretty unclear
on the subject.

For what most people would consider a "normal" application install --
application goes to shared space, is executable by all users -- you need
to do what Sun calls a network installation:

    ./install /net

The "standard" StarOffice installation *only* installs StarOffice for a
single user.  This is brain damaged.

You'll get an additional installation session the first time each user
runs the StarOffice executable, however this just installs the
local-to-user components of the application.

Karsten M. Self (kmself@ix.netcom.com)