Re: Why is dictd so large?

Dylan Paul Thurston <dpt@math.berkeley.edu> writes:

> After upgrading to unstable, I noticed that dictd seems to be rather
> excessively large: it's taking up 8 megabytes at the moment.  Is this
> normal?  (I have all the free dictionaries installed.)
>
> Thanks,
> 	Dylan Thurston
>
> (Please CC: me on replies.)

     According to my build directory, the entire dictd package, source
+ binaries, totals 752 kb.  The combined installed size of the two
.debs is about 453 kb.  I have just checked the archives, and this
.debs on master are the same size as those in my build directory.

     The total installed size of the dictionaries I have packaged is
31026 kb.  (ls -l /usr/share/dictd).  These are all compressed, but
are still large because of the volume of data included in them.

     What files do you find taking up 8 mb?

Bob
--
   _