Re: Mirror Cannot get remote directory details

Rick Macdonald <rickmacd@home.com> writes:

> On Sun, 27 Feb 2000, Bob Hilliard wrote:
>
> >      What causes this error from mirror?
> >
> > > Cannot get remote directory details (debian/dists/potato/main/binary-all)
> >
> >      I have gotten this consistently on */binary-all, and occasionally
> > on */binary-i386, since mid-January, using the same mirror scripts
> > that I have used successfully for a long time.
>
> Same here, but only on non-US. It happens on two different mirror hosts.
> It started failing months ago.
>
> My error message is longer (or did you not quote all of it):
>
> package=debian-unstable-non-US
> nonus.debian.org:/debian-non-US/dists/potato/non-US ->
> /vd0/sys0/rickm/dists/potato/non-US
>
> Failure at end of remote directory () because: timed out
> Cannot get remote directory details (/debian-non-US/dists/potato/non-US)
>
> ...RickM...

     The first three lines you quote are, of course, normal messages
from mirror.  I have never gotten a message that included
"Failure at end of remote directory () because: timed out"

     I have never had the problem with non-US, but have had it on
half-a-dozen US mirrors, always, with one exeception, on
../*/binary-all.

     Since non-US was reorganized I have had to change my non-US
script to separate packager for the distributions:
/debian-non-US/dists/potato/non-US/[main|contrib|non-free]/binary-[all|i386]

Bob
--
   _
  |_)  _  |_       Robert D. Hilliard    <hilliard@flinet.com>