Re: Lexmark 3200 colorjet...

> Have you set up a /etc/printcap file? You can do so by running
> magicfilterconfig --force (as root). I'm not sure if your printer is
> supported directly, but you maybe able to find a filter that works
> for the most part.

Well, I've got a printcap. Been trying to use the lexmark 5700/7000 drivers, but still no go. Is there any other way to find out what printers it might be compatible with? Or, for that matter, any way to send information to the printer without using lpr, so that it at least might send a test page?

(actually, some form of printer test program would be a nice addition to debian... Go through all filters, and then some ability to select one that might work... :))

--