How to install Zope products in Debian

Hello,

I'm trying to install some Zope products, particularly Squishdot,
following the install instructions of untaring the tar file in zope's
root directory (/var/lib/zope) and then restarting zope (zopectl
restart). However, the products never show up in zope (not even under
"product management"). Is there something Debian-specific about
installing zope products that I am missing?

I managed to install ZPhotoAlbum only because it comes with a .zexp file
that allows me to import it directly into zope. But there's no
equivalent import file on Squishdot.

I'd appreciate any suggestion. Thank you,

--
Pedro

PS. I'm running Potato.