Re: Can't print to print queue in GIMP

> > When I bring up the Print dialog I see
> > Printer: File
> > Clicking on the drop down menu reveals no other options.
> > How do I set this up?  The manual was no help.
>
> I'm no GIMP expert, but wouldn't putting "| lp" in the file name
> field end up printing?
No, it creates a file named "| lp".

I guess I didn't explain that well.  I see:
         +---------+ +-----+
Printer: | File || | |Setup|
         +---------+ +-----+
Clicking on the drop down menu that says "File" reveals that "File" is the
only option.  Clicking on the "Setup" button brings up a dialog box with:

Driver    Postscript Level 2 (a drop down menu)
PPD file  (a blank text entry field)
Command   (nothing)

Shouldn't there be a way to get a text entry field to appear after the
"Command" heading so that I can type "lpr" there?
Am I required to use a .PPD file to print to a print queue?  It prints
to a file with no problem.
Is there a config file I should edit?  It would be nice if I could set
up the printer once and not have to worry about it again.
TIA,
John