Error message from pon

     Since upgrading my potato box on 2/22, the first time I issue the
pon command after a reboot it gives the following message:

> Couldn't open pty slave /dev/pts/0: No such file or directory

     pppd ignores this and makes a ppp connection.  Subsequent
invocations of pon don't display this message, but after a reboot
it is displayed on the first invocation of pon.

     Am I missing some package, or is there some configuration error
that causes this error?

     I am running ppp 2.3.11-1.1, and potato current through 2/22.

Bob
--
   _
  |_)  _  |_       Robert D. Hilliard    <hilliard@flinet.com>