RE: Difference b/w these netscape tarballs (Was Re: Can't run Ne

    P>  On 27-Feb-2000 S. Salman Ahmed wrote:
    >> Thanks. I will give that a try. On a related note, what exactly
    >> is the difference between these two communicator tarballs that
    >> are available from Netscape:
    >>
    >> (1) communicator-v472-us.x86-unknown-linux2.2.tar.gz
    >> (2) communicator-v472-us.x86-unknown-linuxglibc2.0.tar.gz
    >>

    P>  I believe #1 is intended for glibc1.

Ok, that would seem to be consistent with its requirements to have the
older libstdc++ libs to be installed. Small pet peeve with Netscape, but
their naming of these tarballs is quite counterintuitive and the READMEs
that come with these tarballs don't mention the library requirements at
all.

Can't believe that I had to download both of these big tarballs over my
56k connection only to find out that the correct one to use for my
system was (2)!!!

--
Salman Ahmed
ssahmed AT pathcom DOT com