Difference b/w these netscape tarballs (Was Re: Can't run Netscape 4.72)

    R> On Sat, Feb 26, 2000 at 10:57:10 -0500, S. Salman Ahmed wrote:
    >> netscape: error in loading shared libraries:
    >> libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such
    >> file or directory
    R>  Install the "libstdc++2.9-glibc2.1" from the old-libs
    R> section. Netscape seems to make a habit of using old libraries
    R> when releasing new versions of its browser.

Thanks. I will give that a try. On a related note, what exactly is the
difference between these two communicator tarballs that are available
from Netscape:

  (1) communicator-v472-us.x86-unknown-linux2.2.tar.gz
  (2) communicator-v472-us.x86-unknown-linuxglibc2.0.tar.gz

I thought that (1) was going to use the newer glibc libraries but it
seems to be the other way around. I currently have installed (2) and it
seems to be working alright, but I will try Ray's suggestion and see if
I can get (1) installed and working.

Which of the above two tarballs is should I prefer to use on my uptodate
potato system ?

Thanks.

--
Salman Ahmed