Is ld broken in potato?

I tried starting StarOffice today (after not having used it for months)
and it wouldn't load, complaining it couldn't find lib<xxx>.so.  Since
the 'soffice' startup script correctly sets up $LD_LIBRARY_PATH, I'm
wondering why that environment variable is not being honored.  If I edit
ld.so.conf, adding the path /usr/local/Office51/lib, and run ldconfig
everything is peachy.  I'd hate to have to edit ld.so.conf for every
program that installs libraries in /usr/local/<foo>/lib, especially when
the start-up script correctly sets up the path to the libraries by
exporting $LD_LIBRAY_PATH.

I'll be checking the bug reports in a minute.

| Eric G. Miller                        egm2@jps.net |
| GnuPG public key: http://www.jps.net/egm2/gpg.asc  |