Re: VMware problems

what is the error(s) you get? and do you have the complete kernel source
installed? i never really understood how
'pacakged'(deb/rpm/whatever) kernel source trees were laid out, if you
can't get it working i suggest grabbing the 2.2.14 source(tgz
format) extracting it into /usr/src then run a 'make depend' on it before
trying to compile anything.

i've been running VMWare for some time with the only problem being when i
went from single CPU to dual CPU i had to recompile the modules. I'm
running slink btw. you also may want to make sure vmware is using gcc
2.7.2.3 to compile the modules rather then 2.95 (edit makefiles or
something)that may improve your chances of a successful compilation.

nate