Re: Reconfiguring dpkg´s options

On Sat, Feb 26, 2000 at 07:57:54PM +0100, Christian Rishøj wrote:

> Hi,
>
> > dpkg-reconfigure debconf
> >
> > it will ask you all the questions you want :)
>
> I tried that, and it just returns my prompt. If this is because the
> configuration options for debconf is not critical enough for me to see them
> - this is quite a funny situation.
>
> There must be some way to override this.
>
> Can anyone clue me in?

`man dpkg-reconfigure' shows:

       -pvalue, --priority=value
              Set the lowest priority of questions you are inter-
              ested  in.  Valid  priorities  are  currently  low,
              medium,  high,  and  critical. The default priority
              can be permanently changed by:

               dpkg-reconfigure --priority=medium debconf

              Any questions with a priority  below  the  selected
              priority  will be ignored and their default answers
              will be used.

`     bcollins@debian.org  --  bcollins@openldap.org  --  bmc@visi.net     '