Re: umask for root

Thanks guys! I figured it was umask that was giving me the problems.
I'm taking a UNIX course (but it's being taught on a Linux system)
and the book discussed umask. I never knew what umask was so I
thought that it would make my system more secure. It did :)

Thanks for the more valuable tip about chmod. I was wondering how I
might recursively change the permissions a certain way and you guys
had the answer.

Can you believe that I'm going through all this trouble cuz I need
to view a Powerpoint slide?

Thanks again. I promiss to read the man page on chmod thouroughly
(printing it out as I write this).
 ) Mark Wagnon      ) mwagnon1@home.com      )
(  Chula Vista, CA (  wagnon@rohan.sdsu.edu (