Re: ssh keys keep changing.

> > On one machine, I get this message everytime I connect to it.  I have
> > tried to reinstall ssh via apt-get remove/install ssh,
> > and I still get the error message everytime.
>
> Reinstalling ssh won't solve the problem as some simple reading would
> make clear.  See below.

actually if you are using potato then apt-get'ing ssh will get you openssh
not the older version which is now ssh-nonfree.

> Try following the directions given here.  Take a look at your
> ~/.ssh/known_hosts file and make sure the key for mrfan listed in the
> file matches the key on mrfan.

i had this exact same problem when i tried upgrading to openssh a week
ago.  i thought at first that it was just that openssh must store the keys
in a different format then the old ssh program so i blew away my known_hosts
file... but no.  after i'd deleted the known_hosts file i could connect to
any given host once, but after that i would get the above error ... no
matter what i tried.

since i use ssh a lot for work i quickly reverted back to ssh-nonfree.

adam.