Re: Installing source lyx

On Fri, Feb 25, 2000 at 05:51:58AM +0200, Micha Feigin wrote:
> I got the latest source for lyx from their site, because I need thw hebrew
> support thats installed there.
> The problem is, can someone tell me how to configure it to the right
> dirextories ( what are they ?) I got the source package for 1.1.4 from

Any non-debianised proggies should live under /usr/local.

> debian and I tired to copy the configure script from there, but t didn't
> work. I also got the diff, ( how do I apply it? )
> Is there a way that I can easilly package it so it can be later easily
> removed when the newer version comes out as a debian package ? ( I don't
> care if its packaged as 1.1.4, can I switch the sources and keep the diff
> and desc files and jsut pack it up somehow?)
> Thanx

I wouldn't mess with trying to make a debian package if the lyx version
is indeed newer than that available from debian. Just configure it to
live under /usr/local/lyx and edit the lyxrc to point to all of the
right places.

| Eric G. Miller                        egm2@jps.net |
| GnuPG public key: http://www.jps.net/egm2/gpg.asc  |