Re: sendmail (or exim) help, please

On 02/25/00 05:39AM, runner@matavnet.hu wrote:
> Hi !
>
> Is it possibble to masquarade my e-mail to the outside world from
> my LAN ? I'll tell you exactly what I wanted to say. I have a local
> LAN, one e-mail address. I have set up a local DNS and ipchains
> rules but I stopped at sendmail. I want to relay mail for the local
> machines and put the mail into a queue if it goes to the inet but
> deliver immediatelly inside the LAN. The domain has the name
> "linbase.org" (not registreted) so all of the outgoing mails have to
> have "runner@matavnet.hu" (the valid mail address) at the From:
> and in the Reply-to: fields, not someone@linbase.org.
> Please, help me, how to setup this ! I welcome any URLs, RTFMs,
> HOWTOs if it's apart from the "official" docs in the distros,
> because I have already read through them but (maybe I'm too dumb
> or overlooked something) found nothing to my special problem.
> Does anyone has a working solution to the situation like this ? If
> you have a solution with Exim I would welcome it too.
> Thanx a lot,
> Ago

I don't know how many users you have, or if you're looking for more
elegant way to do it, but there's a Linux Gazette article for
setting up mail for a home network. In it the author shares one
email address between himself and his wife by filtering on the "Real
Name" of the recipient rather than the email address. This isn't
very secure, so if you have a bunch of users, then it may not be the
best method. Check out the article, it may give you some pointers.
The URL is:

   http://www.linuxgazette.com/issue43/stumpel.html

and in case I messed that up, it's the July 1999 issue (#43)

hth
 ) Mark Wagnon      ) mwagnon1@home.com      )
(  Chula Vista, CA (  wagnon@rohan.sdsu.edu (