Re: How can I get off the list?

On Thu, 24 Feb 2000, B. Cook wrote:

bcook >My ISP is angry at the volume of mail that getts passed through the account.  I have sent requests to debian-user-request and gotten back messages that it found duplicate entries for my email address, and to pick the best one.  Even after doing that it still doesn't find the right name... I have sent about 10 messages to listmaster@lists.debian.org as per the Failure message that I had recieved, which says that is a real person.  I need to get off of the list.  Can someone help?

i suggest you get a new isp for at least your email.  this list generates
only a few hundreds mails per week. which is low traffic, and even less in
terms of bytes.  i have my mail server email me the top 20 addresses that
send mail and debian-user@ is not among the top 20. your isp must have a
small pipe(i have 1.5mbit).

anyways, make sure your return address matches the address your trying to
unsubscribe as -- do you have multiple email addresses(different
ones) subscribed?

nate