Re: fork failed: Resource temporarily unavailable

On Thu, 24 Feb 2000, F.P. Groeneveld wrote:

derk >I don't run ulimits... ulimits -u : command not found. As for a hard limit
derk >on processes... If I log in as root (as opposed to su), I have no problem
derk >whatsoever. Only when I su to root do I have this problem?

try ulimit -u (not plural) just incase. that for sure sounds like a
userland ulimit issue to me. But if you can confirm by including the
output of ulimit -a to make sure its set to acceptable levels.

*I* can't think of anything else that'd cause this on a lightly loaded
machine(I've seen it without ulimits on a machine say under a syn flood
attack or something) so if its not ulimits im 'fraid i cant offer any
further advice :/

nate