PostgreSQL client not connecting

I've upgraded to the newest version of PostgreSQL from frozen and when I
try to connect to a database backend using psql through inet port i get a
following error:

postgres@pc8343:~$ psql -h pc8343 -d testdb
neighbour table overflow
Connection to database 'testdb' failed.
connectDB() -- connect() failed: No buffer space available
Is the postmaster running (with -i) at 'pc8343' and accepting connections
on TCP/IP port '5432'?

For completeness, the server IS running because ODBC driver connects to it
flawlessly, using the same port. I'm realy not sure what 'neighbour table
overflow' means. Is anybody experiencing similar behaviour after upgrade?

Radim