Can Separate Partitions Interfere?

That may not be the best way to phrase the Subject, but my problems with
ppp with both Debian and Mandrake suggest this possibility to me.

On my system I have three Linux installations: Corel, Debian, and
Mandrake. The latter two will not connect me to the Internet, and the
basic complaint is that ppp support is not included in the kernel. I did
not say "no" to anything that looked like it might something to do with
this, and in fact, with my latest Mandrake install, I took the Install
Everything option.

So is it possible that these Linuxes are interfering with each other in
some way? The boot process certainly looks like the three are
independent, and the X interface is unique to each.  However, I do see
in the Mandrake boot (dmesg stuff) repeated errors that say
/boot/System.map has incorrect kernel version."
--
Lane
----