Re: Netscape Installation, how?

"fcandon@libero.i" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i can't install Netscape .deb package on my debian 2.1.
> What is the correct procedure?
> Where to find info?
>
> Fab

Because of licensing issues, Debian doesn't have the Netscape binary; it does have a
.deb installer that will install the Netscape binary and register it with dpkg, etc.

You will need to download the Netscape binary yourself, from [www|ftp].netscape.com;
I've always had more success with ftp. You'll have to drill down through the
directories (pub, then ...english...etc, etc...) to the correct file (something like
"communicator-4.7-linux-glibc-tar-can-this-filename-be-any-longer-tar.gz") and
download it (don't forget to "bin" before "get"). Put this file in the /tmp
directory, then either do an "apt-get install netscape4" or dselect the netscape4
package.

Voila! U R done.