Linux Router Project

Hi folks!
My name is Louis Byrne and I am the network administrator for a company in
Toronto, Canada. I am working on a project that will use the Linux Router.
As a feedback, the Linux Router Project started back in 1997 as an open source
variant  of the Debian distro and intended to fit into a single floppy disk.
Some utilities like telnet and FTP were added to this small version. I would
like to use this version but lack hardware support for
the network interface cards. I am doing research on how to program my own
network drivers and I was wondering if you could send me some documentation on
how to do so. As a result, I could make a important contribution to the area
of hardware support since I could send this drivers to you to be included in
future releases of Debian.

Any help from you would be much appreciated.