Re: Squid on Slink a little sick

In article <cistron.20000221113455.A3033@empire.net.au>,
Damon Muller  <dm-debian-user@empire.net.au> wrote:
>We have a slink system that has been running quite nicely for some time,
>which acts as a pretty important server (for us, at least). One of the
>functions that it serves is as a proxy server, running squid (the
>current slink version, whatever that is).

An old and reasonably buggy version. Upgrade to the squid in potato,
you'll be much happier.

Simply edit /etc/apt/sources.list to point to potato instead of slink,
the do an "apt-get update" followed by "apt-get install libc6 squid"
(you might want to add libc6-dev to that if you have that installed
 as well) and you're running a mostly-slink-with-potato-parts system.

I've done that on several production servers and it works well.

Mike.
--
"quote me on this one - overgaan op Exchange is een wijs besluit" -- MarcoH.
Reply to the list or to miquels@cistron.nl (Miquel van Smoorenburg)