Re: glibc2.1 in chroot() in slink?

aphro wrote:

> was thinking about this for a while, would it be possible to install
> glibc2.1 in a chroot() enviornment in slink?  has anyone tried
> this?

It's the standard way to get build-depends information, so it's
pretty common.  I do all my potato builds on a chroot potato on a
slink system.

I built mine up from a slink base tar file, and then updated it
to potato:

 mkdir /tmp/debian
 cd /tmp/debian
 tar zxf <mirror>/debian/dists/unstable/main/disks-i386/current/base2_2.tgz
 cp /etc/apt/sources.list etc/apt/
 [edit it to potato]
 cp /etc/resolv.conf etc/
 chroot `pwd` bin/sh
 apt-get update
 dpkg --purge lilo

--
Peter Galbraith, research scientist          <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Maurice Lamontagne Institute, Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada