Re: Soundblaster AWE64

Hi Nils-Erik,

the Tip using ALSA was great, now it works more or less. But two
problems remain, perhaps someone can help me solving these:

1. I can't use programms like gmix anymore, even the volume-control in
xmms doesn't work. Before you told me about ALSA, I got it to work
with the normal kernel-modules, there the gmix and volume-control of
xmms worked fine.

2. Somehow, my sound sounds ;-) a little bit tinny, not that quality I
normally would expect. With some songs I have very strong fluctuations
concerning the volume of music and voice, sometime the voice becomes
that quiet that you can't hear it anymore. And the overall volume
fluctuates also very much, strange? I thought about DMA or IRQ
conflicts, but that doesn't seem to be the case (/proc/interrupts and
/proc/dma) This was also the case the time before ALSA stepped into my
life ;-)

Does anybody have an idea??

--
Bye