Upgrading to potato

Hi,

I am going to upgrade from Debian slink 2.1 to potato. Can
anybody tell me if I am wrong about the procedure? Actually,
I am working with a spanish non-official Debian distribution
and it includes apt-get, Kde, gnome, etc. I am not sure about
the consequences of upgrading to the official distribution.

1) I need to change /etc/apt/sources.list so that it will only
include the following lines:
deb ftp://ftp.usc.es/pub/mirror/linux/debian potato main contrib
non-free
deb http://ceu.fi.udc.es/debian-non-US potato non-US/main non-US/contrib non-US/non-free

2) Now, as root,
dpkg --get-selections "*"
apt-get update
apt-get install apt debconf
apt-get -f dist-upgrade

Do I need to take any precaution to execute the aforementioned commands?
I think that I do not have to change to single user mode, etc.

3) From now on, if I want to upgrade to the latest release of potato I
will have to do:
apt-get update
apt-get upgrade

Is everything right?