Re: Sawmill/Gnome raising windows

>   How can I configure Sawmill/Gnome so that a window
>will rise to the
>top
>if I click on the title bar?

>   I prefer a sloppy focus, one where I can move the
>mouse over a
>window and
>have it in focus.  However, I don't necessarily want
>that window to
>rise to
>the top/foreground.  I do want it to come to the
>top/foreground if I
>click
>on the title bar or perform some other action.

Use Blackbox.  It works just like that, by default,
which I find incredibly nice.  I haven't played with
GNOME or sawmill, and it's possible there is no way to
do what you want--being "on top" may be inextricably
linked with being in focus, as it is in windows.
Really don't know.  But Blackbox works the way you
described with the added advantage of being a very low
drain on system resources and looking quite sleek.

>   Here's my stupid question for the day (I'm
>allotted one per day,
>aren't
>I?!:-).

Hey, if you get one stupid question per day, I get one
stupid answer per day.

=====
Fish of Borg
Visit me on the web!  http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Frontier/4874/stccg.html
///Archaeologists near mount Sinai have discovered what appears to be a missing page from the Bible.  The page is currently being carbon dated in Bonn.  If genuine it belongs at the beginning of the Bible and is believed to read "To my Darling Candy.  All Characters portrayed within this book are fictitious and any resemblance to persons living or dead is entirely coincidental."///Red Dwarf